Saturday, March 5, 2016

Folsom Arts @9 - From Stone to Known (by Gene Jay Tacurda)

“From Stone to Known” these are the words I’ll use if I were to describe Folsom Arts in the shortest sentence that I could.

For more than 8 Years of me being at Folsom Arts, there are so many ups and downs – between me & myself, me & my co-employees, and, me & the company. So many mistakes I had made, but the good thing is that I’ve learned a lot from those mistakes, and for that, I will be forever thankful. This is one of the reasons I admire the company – though everyone did a lot of wrong things and bad call, Folsom Arts always sees more of the positive than the negative; realizing the learning is always more important than pointing a finger.
As a part of my thanksgiving on its 9th Anniversary, I made a list of few things that I love about Folsom Arts.

1. OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS
It doesn’t matter what’s your position in the company, your voice is always welcome whatever the issue is.

2. OPEN TO NEW INSIGHTS
Always ready to learn new things even if it came from bad circumstances.

3. CREATING NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR OTHERS
Aside of opening new branches and jobs for newcomers, Folsom Arts always gives its old employees a new line of work for them to learn new things that could possibly help them in the future.

4. SHARING ITS RESOURCES
Giving is not really a big deal. Folsom Arts proved this many times by facilitating numerous project for a cause. One of its success is “S.H.I.N.E.”, a project for the survivors of typhoon “Yolanda”.

5. UNDERSTANDING TO ITS PEOPLE
Folsom Arts may be tough on its policy sometimes, but in my years inside, I saw how passionate they are in understanding its people in terms of financial, emotional, and psychological.

6. FAIR TREATMENT BETWEEN ITS CLIENTS AND ITS PEOPLE
I look up Folsom Arts Management on how they treat its clients and its people. Implementing the quote “Customer is Always Right” but knows when to protect their employees.

7. PEOPLE ARE MORE IMPORTANT
I am confident to say that its people are more important than the work itself. Folsom Arts Managers are often the first to suggest a leave to their employees if they knew an issue regarding their health or something like it.

8. HUMBLE ENOUGH IN ACCEPTING MISTAKES
I remember the quote of one of the respected entrepreneur here in the Philippines when I attended his seminar, saying “One of the best attribute of a leader is accepting his/her mistakes”. This is one of the best things about the Management of Folsom Arts, they are not afraid to accept their mistakes especially if learning from those mistakes will make the company and its people grow.

9. GIVING TIME TO SHARE THE WORD OF GOD
Truly, every day is a busy day for private companies, but sharing the Word Of God have always its time in Folsom Arts. A very good time to share everyone’s burden that will help each other grow technically and spiritually.



“From Stone to Known”. Started from selling hand-painted stones, now a successful and known company that continuously growing in helping individuals.
A Blessed 9th Anniversary, Folsom Arts!
If I will be given the opportunity to go back in time, I would be glad to be your employee again.










<'))><


No comments :

Post a Comment